Rugged sensors for rail vehicles
Encoders used in rail vehicles need to be unaffected by dirt, oil and grease, rainwater, condensation, high and / or fluctuating temperatures, and shock and vibration, particularly in the unsprung parts of bogies. Lenord+Bauer sensors can take all such punishment without damage.
They have proved to be reliant in thousands of railway projects during the last decades. They are based on the magnetic and inductive sensing principles using hall-effect magneto-resistance and Eddy current sensors with metal targets and employ the very latest sensor technology, circuitry and construction techniques.
These sensors offer a high level of electrical and mechanical robustness, guaranteeing reliable function and long-term dependability.
Custom sensors, cables and hardware
For special requirements, Lenord+Bauer can design and manufacture custom sensors, and associated cable and hardware types. Almost any installation requirement can be accommodated.
Rotary speed sensors
Rail rotary speed sensors for sensing toothed wheel targets are available in a wide range of types. Features include:
- One to three channels
- Measure frequencies in the range from 0Hz to 25kHz
- For toothed wheel targets with modules from 1 to 3.5 (DP 25.4 to 7.26)
- Air-gap up to 3mm
- Square-wave output signal pattern (voltage, standstill voltage or current)
- Protection class IP 68, fully potted
- PT100 / PT1000 temperature sensors can be assembled to a shared connector