- Track-independent, dynamic measurement on railhead
- Measurement range of 0.4 km/h to 500 km/h
- Linearity < ± 0.5%
- Constant latency of 40ms over entire speed range
- Direction detection
- Standstill detection (< 0.4 km/h)
- Calibration free
- Robust design for mounting on bogie
- Low maintenance and service costs
- Patented splash guard
HaslerRail developed the optical and contact-free CORRail®1000 speed sensor to deliver track-bed independent direct measurement of a rail vehicle’s speed and direction. The technology behind the CORRail®1000 is known as Spatial Filtering Velocimetry and is neither affected by slip & slide effects nor by the wearing of the wheels as pulse generators are.
Using the railhead as reference makes the CORRail®1000 speed sensor outperforming microwave based sensors (= no calibration shift due to changing surfaces on the track-bed). By scanning the railhead’s microstructure with its high resolution the CORRail®1000 speed sensor’s accuracy and precision are unrivalled in its class. At the same time, the CORRail®1000’s signal processing only introduces a constant latency of 40ms and provides information about signal quality for each speed reading.
The patented splash guard assures reliable results even under the harshest environmental conditions. The CORRail®1000 is proven in use: Availabilities of >99.5% are reached even the CORRail®1000 is being in operation for months.
The CORRail®1000 is designed to deliver an objective measurement of longitudinal dynamics for the following applications:
– Drive Systems: True speed over ground, Acceleration, Wheel slip
– Measurement of braking distance: Navigation/Positioning